Dixon

Monday, April 18, 2016

Hiya folks! Coming to you live from a flooded Houston. Our household is safe and reasonably dry, we have to venture out with the dog from time to time.  The rain has stopped at the moment but they're predicting more over the next few days. Which is a bit scary as we desperately need the water to recede. It's currently 6pm and they're still rescuing people from flooded areas! Here's hoping for safety!

But on to the scrapbooking portion of today's blog post. This was the first page I made while watching InkieQuill's ScrapStream.  That oh-so-fun event I participated in this weekend!

I had a flash in my brain the other day, an idea for a layout. I saw a word repeated over and over again in different colors on the right side of the page and photos in a column on the left. So that's what I made!
I used the Museo Slab font for the title. In the Silhouette software I repeated "dixon" in five different sizes. I placed them on the canvas where I wanted them to be and then outlined the whole thing. This, I cut out of white cardstock.
I pulled five different patterned papers in some of the colors of that stripe on the left side (an old Crate Paper) and cut out the individual "dixon"s. I tried to mix up the patterns and used a grid, a chevron (of sorts), a floral, a triangle pattern and a polka dot. Everything came out of my scrap drawer!
For embellishing, I stuck with arrows and hearts. Arrows because the character on the Walking Dead, Daryl Dixon, who our Dixon was named after, uses a crossbow. I pulled wood veneer and puffy stickers and then I hand stitched a few arrows using gray crochet thread.
I like how the page come together. Though it isn't as good as the idea had in my head. Either way I'm happy to see it in real life! Tomorrow, I'm sharing the "Play Outdoors" layout. Stop by for that!

cheers & besos,

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!