Ladies who Lunch

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

I was so blown away by this month's Elle's Studio kit. The colors in it..."the colors duke, the colors!" were so fun! I've been realizing lately that I don't use much green in my projects. Teal yes, green not so much. So it was fun to play with green on this page! Even if only in small ways.
Inspired by last month, I went for another 9x12 double page spread--one full layout and the other a pocket page. Which I'm rapidly realizing is really fun! The page is about a small shower we threw for my friend Kim who is due in a couple week's time. 
I knew what I wanted to do with the 9x12 layout really early on. I laid out the foundation and then stepped back. It just didn't look complete somehow. So to add more punch, I decided to create a tone on tone pattern with the Everyday stamp set and white embossing powder. It's hard to photograph, but the effect IRL is pretty awesome and it was exactly what this page needed.
To embellish, I created a visual triangle with the stamp set, enamel dots, mist and one of the great exclusive veneers! They might just be some of my favorite ever. I added one to a card for the pocket page and liked that balance. Even though the two layouts are kind of separate, I wanted them to be a cohesive unit.
For journaling, I wrote about the day and the event. And I also journaled about my two besties, Kim & Tara. Like last month, I've given myself permission to write about whatever it is I feel like expressing, regardless if it "goes" with the page or not. It's making me happier about these pages and my process. And that, friends, is what it should be about!
All of these new goodies are available in the Elle's Studio shop now! Buy the monthly kit today for $9.99 and then $11.99 after that. When they're gone they're gone. So if you're interested, jump on them quickly.

Today's also the day for the new Design Team Gallery. I'm so excited to click through and see what my fellow team members have created.

I also made a half dozen cards with the stamp set. You'll be able to see them in the gallery now but I'll blog more about them later this week.

cheers & besos,

1 comment:

  1. Great pages :) I like the pocket page paired with the full sized layout. I will have to try that soon :) I also love that white on white embossing! I just finished up a page that was looking a little plain, and that would have been a perfect fix! I came up with something else, but I will have to remember that next time!

    ReplyDelete