Top 10 of 2015

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Wowza 2016, how quickly you came! I hope everyone had a lovely NYE and a restful New Year's Day. Matt and I had dinner at our "special" restaurant. The one we've been spending our New Year's Eves at for the past 3 years. The food, as always, was amazing. And we had company this year which was new and different. All and all a nice, comforting, easy entry into the new year.

But I wanted to take just a minute to look back at 2015 and to all of the scrapbook goodness that resulted. I wasn't very prolific this year. The number of layouts, cards, pocket pages were all down significantly from last year. But I'm totally ok with that. It was a rough year for many reasons. And I'm just happy to have had time to scrapbook and to create.

All in all, this year, I made:
77 Layouts, 5 Pocket pages, 24 Cards, 4 Mini books

I've pulled my top 10 layouts for the year and here they are in no particular order.
5 of these were made with kits--Scrapbook Circle and Ali Edwards.
5 of these were made with Simple Scrapper sketches. 1 with a Scrapbook Circle sketch.
3 of these are travel pages--New Orleans, Palm Springs and Prague are featured.
5 of these started on white backgrounds that were then dressed up.
5 of these are about people I love.
2 are all about me
3 of these I created without a sketch or any other reference point. Just me pushing paper and products around.
All of these feature some kind of wet media: stamping ink, mist, paint. Some just in tiny doses and others in larger more evident ways.
And once again my photos were all different shapes and sizes. Well really only three shapes but definitely a variety of sizes! Only one of these has a 4x6 photo on it and I ended up cropping it to 3x6.
This is always one of my favorite posts of the year. I love looking back and getting excited about these pages and their designs, all over again. You can also check out 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 if you're interested.

Here's to a happier 2016!

cheers & besos,

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!