unKit Club

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Well hello there! I don't know what it's like where you live, but here in Houston, it's starting to feel just a teeny tiny bit like Fall! I'm so so so beyond excited about it. I love this time of year that much! So I figured it was about time for me to wrap up my summer layouts.

But let me back up just a minute. Last month, Jennifer brought back the idea of the unKit Club. Which is a curated grouping of products from an online retailer. This allows you to buy what you really want from the "unKit" and switch things out for other colors, or combine with stuff from your stash. Jennifer posted a link to the current unKit on Scrapbook.com.

I loved the mix of products but didn't want to buy it all. So I decided to just get the 6x6 paper pad and shop my stash for the rest! I also know that I'm not the biggest fan of printed die cuts. So I didn't even try to find a set to work with. It's so freeing!

Here's my pulled together kit: Crate Paper 6x6 paper pad (bought), Shimelle Enamel Dots (in my stash already), Studio Calico Word Stickers (pulled from stash), Chipboard Thickers (pulled from stash), Project Life White Washi (pulled from stash) & Pink Paislee Glitter Stickers (pulled from stash). 
So the basics of my kit are:


  • 6x6 Paper Pad
  • Enamel Dots
  • Word Stickers
  • Chipboard Alpha
  • Washi
  • Glitter stickers
And this is the layout I made using it all! 
Like I mentioned early, I'm really keen to wrap up my summer pages. And so this page is about the awesome snow cone truck that came out for a friend's daughter's birthday party.
The basis of the page is a sketch from the latest Spark Magazine. I loved how the sketch was cut down the middle. It made working with that 6x6 paper pad super easy! And all of the patterned papers coordinated together beautifully.
I couldn't not use this awesome snow cone print from Crate Paper. I jazzed a few of the snow cones up by cutting circle glitter stickers in half. So simple! And for my fellow Simple Scrapper Creative Team members, I included that watermelon like I promised!
Maybe you're interested in joining in on the unKit fun? Here's Jennifer's original blog post about the kit. There's still plenty of time to join in!

cheers & besos,

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I love the idea of an unKit -- and I love what you've done here!

    ReplyDelete