The Perfect Target

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Hiya! I'm back from a long weekend in NYC. It was awesome to spend time with one of my besties. But I have to confess, I took about 10 photos. I'm literally the worst! I didn't even get a photo of the two of us together (seriously?! what is wrong with me???!!!) I think it's because I really wasn't in vacation/tourist mode. I was in relaxed hanging out with friend mode. So I'll give myself a pass just this one time.

While I was away, Diana posted my latest page on the Scrapbook Circle blog. This month I was challenged to lift Wendi, an SBC subscriber. I created a sketch of her page and did a side by side comparison of our pages. Head over there to check it out!
I had fun with the journaling on this one. It was hilarious to see Urijah steal Grandpa's fries! We had a huge laugh about it. And I'm glad I captured the action shots. Really, I was just fortunate to have my camera in hand at the time. I was only trying to get shots of the two of them interacting and Cadie in her skeleton pajamas.
I pulled just bits and pieces from the July You're my Favorite kit: the stickers, the gold label, the gold heart. And you could do about a million and one things with that white ledger paper.  The main focal point was the red target die cut from The Cut Shoppe. The center ended up being right on the carton of fries in my dad's hand when Urijah was making his move to nab it. Unexpectedly perfect! Really I didn't plan or realize that until just this moment.
I had fun lifting the page and playing with this kit. Confession: I'm always surprised by what I come up with every month. Getting ready to tear into the August kit. Can't wait to see what's in store!

cheers & besos,

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!