You & Naps

Thursday, May 21, 2015

I really loved that idea from Monday, of a mini flip/photo book on my page. So I did another one, using my Hello Sunshine kit and Hello Love add on. I even went with the same theme! Documenting multiple trips with the same person. (Really I thought they'd be a cute mini book but who has time for those?!)
This is all about traveling with my bestie Kori. We make excellent travel companions because we both like to sleep! But seriously, how do you expect me to see all of this awesomeness and really appreciate it on only about 2 hours of sleep. Which was the norm when we were wanting to get the very cheap flights. Those all leave at 6am. Which means you have to be at the airport for 4:30am. Which in London means you need to be on your bus/train to get to the airport at 3:00am. Which means you need to wake up at 2:00am so you can grab your bag and walk/bus to get to the airport bus/train. And likely you were up late packing the night before. (I think there's a scrapbook page somewhere in there…)

Anyway, I made this cute black and white and pink all over page which I think is fitting for the girly girl that is Kori. (Also interesting, I find Sarah to be more earthy and bohemian and her page was all blues and greens. I'm highly influenced/inspired by color if you couldn't already tell!)
Like I mentioned before this is a flip photo book and includes photos of me and Kori in Amsterdam and  Berlin...
...Morocco and Belgium. It does not include photos from Barcelona. My purse along with my camera was stolen on that trip. No photos remain!
I'm never bothered when I repeat designs. So often the pages don't go in the same album. Even this time, when they likely will, I'm totally ok about it. They're similar designs but not identical! Unless you were really into design you'd likely not even notice.

If you love a page you made, I'd totally repeat it! Use a different color scheme or photo size. If you tap into a good thing, use it again. I've done this other times (see keyword: Repeat Design). Scrapbooking doesn't always need to be about reinventing the wheel. Sometimes if you just want to have fun, not think and make it quick, repeat something you know will work!

cheers & besos,

2 comments: