Becky

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Hiya! I don't know what was in the air this week, but I was seriously missing my friends. All of the out of state (and city too!) ones. And that's quite a few. Thankfully, I still get to see them. Although nowhere near as often as I'd like. 

But last month I flew out to Milwaukee for James' wedding and got to spend some time with these lovely girls. Michelle lives in Boston. Becky lives in NYC. I'm down in Texas. (The boys not pictured are in DC and Connecticut). Yep, we're all spread out. Which makes our time together even more cherished. 
So I had these pretty pictures of us and decided to do a page about my bestie Becky. The tall blonde on the right! The page design is based off of the May Scrapbook Circle sketch, although shrunk down to an 8 1/2 x 11. (Click through to see the sketch and find more inspiration for it!)
I used the May Hello Sunshine kit + Hello Love add on + watercolors + The Cut Shoppe Funky Florals cut file. My inspiration was the awesome print from my dress. So there's circles and bright colors and you'll notice leaves outlined in black and colored in brightly. Hence my decision to cut these great leaves out of black cardstock.

When it comes down to it, this is a fairly simple page. Dressed up a bit with watercolors and spray mist droplets. I love it! I love that the background is so neutral and that makes the photos pop.

I'm not sure when I'll get to see this group again. I never am. But I'm thankful that they're as committed to keeping up this friendship as I am. And that we still make a point to get together at least once a year. It's not much but I'll take it!

cheers & besos,

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!