LBD: Fairytale

Sunday, April 7, 2013


[Sigh] I just adored the dreamy quality to this fabulous sheet of Crate Paper that came in this month's Little Black Dress Kit. It has such a lovely ethereal feel to it. I initially wasn't sure how I wanted to use it so I set it aside and let it marinate in my brain. Then the one day I was sick (and didn't fall asleep until 7am!) I started to day (again it was night time & I couldn't fall asleep!!!) dream about what my fairytale wedding would be. I've talked about it with my besties before, but thought this paper would make the perfect background for a page about my dream/fairytale wedding.

I channeled my inner Wilna for this romantic page. I didn't actually lift any of her pages. But really just thought about her style and how she might have approached this page. Its probably an amalgamation of a lot of her pages really.

I started by playing around with my photos in RadLab. I wanted them to have a faded dream like quality to them, similar to the background paper. The colors went perfectly with the paper IMO! They're images from a trip I took to Sintra in Portugal. This tiny city was one of the most amazing places I've ever visited. They are literally storybook castles on top of mountains!!


Sintra really is a place out of a fairytale. If ever you're in that part of the world. I 150% recommend you should visit =) But anyway back to the page.

I started by adding drops of Heidi Swapp color shine in Primrose and Tropicana Teal. Then I went to town with my punches and used that fabulous pink ombre from Dear Lizzy to get a crop of different colored butterflies. I also used it for my title. Thanks again trusty Silhouette!

I fussy cut a few flowers out of a sheet of patterned paper and then also punched a few birds and hearts out of different cardstock to fill in the gaps.  There's a great birthday patterned paper in the kit with music notes and a song that says "It's your special day we want to celebrate". Too perfect for a wedding inspired page, no?! I cut it like a banner and used it to back my title.

Non-kit supplies used: Heidi Swapp Color Shine, pink cardstock, bird punch, heart punch, butterfly punches, Silhouette Cameo.

cheers & besos,


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!