LBD: Berlin Bear

Sunday, April 7, 2013


This was the first page I made with the April LBD Don't Worry Be Happy Kit. I initially started to centralize everything in the middle with a few items above and below the photos that extended to the edges of the page. But I didn't like it at all. So I centralized the entire design in this page about my second favorite metro. 

I love me some Berlin! That bear had so many great colors in it, I intentionally picked it because I knew how great it would be with this kit. 

That's a bit of a secret to my scrapbooking. When I use a kit, I find photos that work with the kit. I don't try to make the kit work with my photos. It's one benefit to having a huge back log of photos to scrap! 

Also, I have a secret about this layout. Since I knew I was covering so much of the middle, I cut out a square directly in the center and used this great blue polka in a few of my other pages. I don't like wasting paper!

And from there it was easy to add little flags and bits of ribbon to the back of a sheet of white cardstock. I initially thought I'd fill it in all the way around but later decided that i liked having the spaces in between.

It may be a bit hard to tell, the white cardstock is pop dotted (not a "real" word) off the page. I wanted to give it just a bit of dimension.

The final touches were the wood veneer and the Glitz Design "happy" banner. It's pre-stitched and oh so cute!

For my journaling, I covered up the title pre-printed on the flags with a bit of cardstock and ran each through my printer. All done!

Non-kit supplies used: White cardstock, yellow & orange paper scraps, black pen, white pen, Silhouette Cameo. Font: AL Modern Type


cheers & besos,

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!