LBD: 2013 Fashion

Sunday, April 7, 2013


I think....I think this is my favorite layout from this month's batch of Little Black Dress Kit layouts. I think. It's hard to tell, I was so inspired by this kit! 

When I first got the kit and started to think up page ideas for it, I knew I wanted to use scraps of patterned papers around the edges of a page. Simply because there is so much great color in this month's kit! I wasn't sure what photos to use with this design, but I knew I wanted to make a page like this.

Then I synched my iPhone and had a crop of new photos to scrapbook. This guy is an instagram I took a few weeks back of my cute work look. At the time I thought, "oh I should do a 2013 fashion page" but didn't remember until I had them all up on my computer. I thought it'd be perfect to pair with the idea for my design.

I had it in my head right from the beginning that I would include "journaling" on the photo. So I included the bullet points (so to speak) of what my fashion consists of. I wanted the photo to be big so I printed it at 8x8. It's a littler grainy but I'm not at all bothered. I also printed out a few more tiny instagrams highlighting the other fashion I mentioned.

Instead of adding a paper border, I decided to use gesso to tone down and differentiate my photo from the background paper. I definitely learned some things in Wilna's Art Class if anyone is interested in learning more about different mediums, such as gesso. From there it was just about adding scraps of patterned paper around the edges and adding dimension with a bit of wood veneer.

Oh and I also want to talk about my title. I cut it out of a really thick cream cardstock (Papertrey Ink) and painted it with Martha Stewart Glitter paint. That stuff is the best!

Non-kit supplies used: Martha Stewart Glitter Paint, cream cardstock, gesso, Silhouette, Font: Arial, Arial Narrow, Arial Black

cheers & besos,

1 comment: