BOYS Challenge Layouts

Monday, September 10, 2012

I've been stash busting lately and man does it feel good. The Blow out your Stash (BOYS) Challenges over on the Studio Calico message board are what's getting me through. They even helped me finish up my Japan pages.


This is for Challenge No. 6, the recipe one. I used brads, ribbons and twine, a stamped skyline (a new Kelly Purkey), letter stickers and asterisk cardboard thickers. Those asterisks were the best find, they're basically open triangles all pointing to the middle. It reminded me of the cross walk and all of the streets coming together at this one crossing.


Color color color!! This is for Challenge No. 4, the color one obviously. I cannot think of a better use of Amy Tangerine paper than for a layout about the Hirajuku district in Japan. It's definitely colorful. So happy I got to use these awesome products. They've been sitting around collecting dust!


I've been a Studio Calico subscriber off and on for 2 years now. Brooklyn Flea was one of the kits I missed out on when I cancelled my subscription. But lucky for me, the kit didn't sell out and was available for a deep discount at one of the Last Call sales. Hence, it was as yet unused.

For Challenge No. 1, I decided to get it out and cut into it. And as part of the challenge, I decided to lift a layout from Ali Edward's gallery. Her, You are so You, to be specific. I loved the look of those tags.


Finally, I tackled Challenge No. 2. I hand stitched and played with ribbon, trim, twine and fabric, all in one go!

I've always been a fan of challenges. They push to step away from my comfort zones and I always end up loving the results. Mainly because they're usually so different from my norm. What about you, do you use challenges for inspiration?

And, if you're in the market for some other fun challenges, please check out my 4 Challenges post. Two winners will each get a $10 gift voucher. Free money, new pages to add to your album or a new card to send to a friend, what's not to love?

cheers & besos,

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!