Baby Gifts

Sunday, June 24, 2012

My sweet friend Susie is having a baby soon! Here name is Lauren and everyone is very excited for her to come :) We had a baby shower yesterday, so I made some hand made handicrafts as part of her gift.

First, is the baby shower card. It's very simple & sweet. I love my new Jenni Bowlin birdie punch and this was the first time I used it. I cut 4 little birds and glued a highlighting color to the back of each to give them a bit more dimension. I also pop-dotted them off the card. It helped balance the dimension of the Thickers.


And then as a gift, I used an embroidery hoop as a frame for my decoration. It was so hard to find a wood one, let me tell you! I wanted an oval but had to settle for a circle.


I dug into my stock of the original American Crafts Dear Lizzy line and had to purchase nothing but the hoop for this project. That line is perfect for a little girls room & luckily Lauren's colors are pink with touches of green. 


The pink polka dot base is some of the fabulous fabric paper. I hand stitched her name with green embroidery floss and decorated with some chipboard shapes, felt flowers, glitter buttons, crochet flowers, badges, brads, ribbons! Galore!


Ok Lauren, now hurry up and get here! But don't pop out before 11 July. Your Mommy promised!

cheers & besos,

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!