Sketchbook 4| No. 4

Friday, April 13, 2012

I got to play with some divided page protectors yesterday. With all of the Project Life craziness still going on, I had to see what all of the fuss was about. But first, I want to share my take on Sketch No. 4.

The sketch called for circles, but I went for stars instead. It's a page of Urijah hanging out with his buddy Sid. No album of Urijah at 2 would be complete without a page including Sid the Science kid. He's his absolute favorite so Mama made sure he had a Sid cake for his birthday.

I played with stars in the red, blue & yellow color scheme. I also cut up one of the stars and used them to highlight the title.

And on to my stab at a divided page protector. I had so many photos of Urijah with his birthday cake, it was the perfect solution for showcasing all of these photos.

I'm usually intimidated by these tiny canvases. But with all of the great PL inspiration out there, these came together easily.

And I made sure to add some elements to the top of the page protector to add some texture. Who doesn't love foil stars?

While I was at it, I played with a different pocket page layout. It's just a fun layout. I love the green & orange color combo. This made me realize I don't use enough orange on my pages.

I recycled an old Studio Calico paper bag and printed my journaling out on it. I think it add some interesting texture.

I suppose that's enough for now. I'm off to pack my scrapbook bag. I'll be scrapping with some lovely ladies tomorrow & I'm really looking forward to it! Hopefully I'll have some more pages to share with you soon =)

cheers & besos,

1 comment:

  1. My brother has the same name! I never thought I would see someone else with such an unusual name! I love the stars you used. Very boyish and cute!

    ReplyDelete