Ferris Bueller Layouts

Saturday, March 10, 2012

It was a cold & rainy Saturday here in Houston. So I left early, headed to the grocery store, stocked up on provisions & came back to hibernate & play with my new Studio Calico kit, Story Hour. I LOVE the colors in this one! I had so much fun playing with the paper & all of the little goodies.


My parents came to visit me in London. I took them out to meet some of my friends & we all hit it off. My friends loved my parents, my parents liked my friends.

Journaling Reads: When I say "out" I mean we were literally out, at a bar with my friends. The parents were having a good old time meeting everyone. But by the time the tequila shots were bought & Mama declared she was staying at the Crowne Royal it was time for them to go. I'm so happy that they got to meet everyone and it seems like they had maybe too good a time.

I love this sheet of Crate Paper patterned paper. The color combo is one of my absolute favorites. I had to tone it down a bit with some white Mister Huey. Then I started layering the ledger papers, tags & stickers from the Illustrated add-on.


I guess I've been in the mood to scrap friends & family. I dug out these random photos from a night out in Bangkok with some of my best girls. There's not much going on in these, other than that we're pretty girls in pretty dresses.

The dresses made for a fun jumping off point. I loved the design of Liz's dressed the black with the khaki polka dots so I tried to mimic it with some paint and various circle "stamps". I ended up using a wine cork, the top of a tube of lipstick & a pencil for the dots.

Then I took my circle punch to a few sheets of the papers from the kit, cut them into 4's and pieces them back together.

Journaling Reads: These photos commemorate one of the few times we went out for a girls night. We decided to hit up the infamous bed bar, a few weeks before graduation. I remember being super tired & not at all the life of the party, but such is the life of a grad student. We needed to blow off a little steam with some dancing, drinks & a few girlfriends; no drugs, weapons or sex obviously. I so miss these lovely ladies and it's crazy to think that 2 of 4 of us are married now, 1 lives in Japan and another in Australia.


It's so crazy to think that these photos were taken nearly 4 years ago. I had to use the Ferris Bueller quote on both layouts.

It's so true. "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it."

cheers & besos,

1 comment:

  1. LOVE what you have done here! It is so fun that your parents can hang out too :)

    ReplyDelete