December Album

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

What can I say, I'm in the holiday spirit! I had 1 of my work Christmas parties this afternoon. The whole gang took on the lanes at the local bowling alley. It was an awesome relaxing way to unwind and spend some time together outside of the office.

Thus my Holiday cheer abounds and so I thought I'd share my December album. I purchased Studio Calico's December Daily kit, but never really intended to make it a daily album. For one I just don't have the time and also, we don't do enough traditions or Christmas themed anything to merit a daily page.

Since I still love the Christmas album I put together for Christmas 2009, I figured I'd get the kit, make a pretty album and document last year's, this year's and as many other years of Christmas as I can fit inside. It is my favorite holiday after all.

I started by painting the entire outside cover white and then added a bit of the Amy Tangerine b&w chevron fabric sheet (that I've been hoarding) to the spine.

For decoration, I used the same products + a few more from my holiday card, and layered them on the cover.

I also paid special attention to the edges. I love a good edge. If something has black edging or piping, all the better! Since I knew it was going to be primarily a black and white design, I thought red would be appropriate edger. It just might be my favorite part of the design.

Then finally, the inside. I'll admit, I was struggling a bit about what to do on this raw chipboard. I didn't want to just paint it all white, I wanted to give it some punch.

And then I walked into Michael's...
And then I found the Martha Stewart Glitter Paint...
[Insert sigh here]
This stuff is lovely. It coats fairly well and does not flake off very easily. An absolute must for me when it comes to glitter. I will definitely be using it again.

And so it's done, my Christmas album is decorated and now ready to be filled with lovely 6x8 pages. Not a one of them scrapped yet, but they'll be coming. Especially when there will be a wee little 2 1/2 year old roaming the halls of my parents house this weekend. I can't wait!

xxbesos

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the inside pages! I bought SC's DD kit also..mainly for that album..except my plans for it don't involve Christmas! Totally had no idea about the glitter paint either. I will be checking that out next time I'm at M's!

    ReplyDelete