Sketchbook Days 11 & 12

Saturday, June 18, 2011

And here we have more Istanbul pages, 2 more crop layouts, and featuring Days 11 & 12 layouts from Sketchbook 3!

Ta da!

While I was in Istanbul, I got to visit Topkapi Palace, the former home of some Sultan or other and to his Harem of ladies. These are the photos I took inside the Harem.

The entry way was stunning, with its vaulted bleached ceilings and gorgeous tile work. And foor this layout, I really wanted to highlight the tiles and the light. So I tried to re-enforce this with the light cardstock background and my patterned paper choices.

I love that the October Afternoon paper I used (turquoise with the blue design) already had a bit of an aged look to it. I think it goes perfectly with the pictures.

Then I just sprinkled in some details, fun Studio Calico printed cardstock letters, an October Afternoon chipboard shape, some ribbon and a button or two.

I have to confess that I refuse to be tied down to any specific size page. These photos, which together equal 1 4x6 print just had to be done in 8 1/2 x 11 format. So that's what I did.

This one is all about the beauty and grandeaur of palace decor and this fountain was the epitome of that for me. It was just gorgeous!

And like the journaling says, as a plumber's daughter I couldn't not take a photo!

I really loved the product in this one, and that I got to use one of those great House of Three "chalkboard" stickers. The shape was too perfect for these photos!

Thus, we come to the end of Sketchbook 3's pages. More on that later this afternoon. And now I only have 1 more crop layout to share. Be sure to stop back soon for the conclusion of the "crop series"

xxbesos

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!