Sketchbook Day 10

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Matt and I made drive from Houston to New Orleans, the Friday before Memorial Day. It's something we've been wanting to do for over a year now, but just hadn't got around to do it.

We figured, with the 3 day weekend coming up, we shouldn't put it off any longer.

So we went.
And had an absolute blast!

I documented the trip via Instagram (awesome iPhone ap!). Came home and printed them using my Epson Photo printer. Since they're square shaped photos originally, and my printer allows me to print in many different sizes and formats, I was able to print 6 squares onto 1 4x6 sheet of photo paper.

And for the design I used KP's Sketch Day 10 from Sketchbook 3 and Studio Calico's Countryside line. There's a lot of pink tones in the photos, a coral color cast from the instagr.am effects. So I backed all of the photos with Countryside's coordinating coral cardstock (say that 3 times fast!).

Oh, and I used the die cut paper from the line! I'm always hesitant to use these fancier papers because I want to wait for a special page to come along. Could not think of a better page than one about our awesome weekend getaway.

I haphazardly folded a strip of the patterned paper along the edge of the cardstock, to give it some dimension. Then included a coordinating sticker or two on the page.

Again, was saving this sticker for a special page, and I think it was the perfect occasion to use it. And also a great way to anchor my title. Love the notched postage-esque edge!

Journaling Reads:

Memorial Day Weekend '11
MT & I made the 6 hr drive to Nola on Friday after work. I was an awesome weekend getaway and a lil dangerous now that we know how close this amazing city is!

Sigh..it was a great trip. I can't wait to go back!

xxbesos

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!