Who's Who: Book Journal

Friday, February 25, 2011

I was so inspired by the book theme in January's Who's Who SC kit, that I put together this altered journal.

I like to take notes when I read, keep quotes and record little tidbits that sound pleasing to the ear. That's what this little journal is for. It's tiny, compact and portable. I love that I can throw it in my purse along with my book.

I tore up the Hoopla Paper Layers from the Dear Abby add-on and decoupaged them onto a cardstock base, with bits of that truly gorgeous sheet of Curio (Basic Grey) patterned paper sprinkled in. Then, I used the stamp from the main kit to add some books for the theme and some green distress ink to add some depth to the design.

I covered the entire book with UTEE which gave it its' shiny sheen. Then, added some book tape (from Paper Source) but it's more for show than function. It doesn't really like the UTEE (it doesn't stick very well) but I like the book effect it adds.

I finished it off with a 3D kite from Martha's spring collection. It was just too perfect! And for the inside, I used the opposite side of the Curio patterned paper for end papers.
I made this for recording my notes for my book reviews. Now I definitely don't have an excuse to procrastinate this one ;) Thanks for stopping by!

xxbesos

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this so much! I shared it over at creativesoup.forumotion.com ... hope you don't mind :)

    ReplyDelete