Fancy Christmas Cards

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Merry Christmas!! It's that time of year again, time for Christmas card giving. I love love love making Christmas cards. And last year they were such a hit, I've felt the need to one up myself and go for gold ;) Not only are there 50 people on my card list, I've decided to hand make them all and to use different designs.

These are the first two cards I made this year. I actually made them way back in October, as part of a 2Peas challenge. It was their 15/30 challenge. Make a card in 15 mins and then make a card using the same design in 30.

I'm calling these my fancy cards. It has to do with the ribbons and the sequins.

This was my 15 min card. I used a kraft card and stamped a Tattered Angels design using Versamark ink. Then, I cut a strip of 7 Gypsies Conservatory paper and tied a piece of ribbon around the card. I stamped Merry Christmas using Brown Chalk ink and "distressed" it using Tim Holtz Vintage Photo distress ink. Added a little sequin star and viola!

For the 30 minute version, I stamped the same design but heat embossed it with gold embossing powder. I layered two different color ribbons and then altered the color of an American Crafts chipboard frame using Peeled Paint distress ink. I stamped the same Merry Christmas and backed it behind the frame. And for the finishing touch, I used a beautiful beaded poinsettia.

Two very lovely women in my life will on the receiving end of these cards. I hope they like them! Happy Cardmaking!

xxbesos
j.leija

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!