Friends & Family

Friday, June 4, 2010

So I'm back to my sketchy ways. These are a few layouts I created towards the end of last month, both based on sketches.



This is a very simple and basic layout created with a Sketchy Thursday sketch from a few weeks back. Before we started to consider shutting down Handmade Love, we'd already put some thought into the next round of challenges. The next All About Me challenge would have been to scrap a childhood memory.

Well, this isn't too far reaching into my childhood, more like middle/high school. But Papa and I use to go on movie dates a lot. Every once in awhile we'd go out to dinner and catch a movie, just for fun. I hadn't really thought about how not everyone does these kinds of things with their dads. It was something special that we did together and I had to document it.



This layout was created for Scrapbook Challenges and features Sketch 201. Seriously, Pamela is amazing with these sketches! 200 is a milestone and she's still going strong! I loved the circle elements at the bottom so I turned to my new little trick of punch 1 photo several times. The photo was originally of the 4 of us side by side but I punched (pun intended) it up a bit. And turned back to Basic Grey's Max and Whiskers line. See it's not just for pets!

[Sigh] {a good one that is} it feels nice to be blogging again. I'm all ready to tackle some photos now. Might just have got some mojo back! Happy scrapping lovlies!

xxbesos
j.leija

2 comments:

  1. Love they layouts. The circle pictures are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your layouts.
    How sweet of you and your father to have "date nights".
    We have family date nights where we take our daughters to the movies and to dinner and such. They are 20, 19 and 15 yrs old, and they still love them.

    ReplyDelete