Sketchbook Day 7: Birth Day

Friday, April 9, 2010



The Story:
I wish I could even begin to tell the story of the day Urijah was born, but I know my writing skills would not be able to do it justice. He got here mid-morning, one April day nearly a year ago. We were so excited to meet him. He weighed 7 lbs 4.9 oz and was 19.5 in. long. He also came out with a full head of hair. Just like his papa!

My parents and I got to see him for the first time, while he was in the nursery getting his first little once over. He was so calm and serene. Didn't make a peep until the cold metal stethoscope was placed on his new little chest. He sounded like a kitten. An adorably hairy and sweet, brand new baby kitten.



The Pages:
KP's Day 7 prompt was the basis for both of these layouts. It was the sketch I was having the most difficulty with and look how many pages I got out of it. It helped to visit the Studio Calico Member Gallery, to get some extra inspiration.

I never would have come up with that color scheme for my page, were it not for the awesome Sassafras border sticker. But I'm happy that I was able to add some purple to his scrapbook. I misted a gold rectangle and added a pretty yellow square of October Afternoon paper, behind the photo. The Thickers and printed journaling finished it off.

For the second layout, I used all October Afternoon patterned paper and added Thickers and a pop-dotted die-cut to give the page some depth. That little ducky line is too adorable! Glad I finally got around to using it.

xxbesos
j.leija

2 comments:

  1. These are fabulous! I love the colors of the first one and the little duck on the second one! You are so fab!

    ReplyDelete