New Leaves

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

It's fall! It's fall! It's officially fall! You know how I know? It's rainy and windy and below 80 degrees! And I'm excited. Fall is my absolute favorite time of the year and I feel like I've missed out on the last two. London doesn't have seasons, just cold rain and warm rain. And Bangkok...yeah, got there right during the end of Monsoon season. 90+ degree weather pretty much everyday we were there. So needless to say, I'm uber-pumped! So with the advent of fall, comes the inception of a new scrapbook. Ta da!



So I've refrained a bit from posting all of the photos from Matt's recent trip because I knew I was going to be working on this scrapbook. I couldn't wait! With all of the other projects I should complete first, I just had to get my hands on these gorgeous photos. The first being all of those close ups from our trip to the Botanical Gardens.

I had a lot of fun mixing and matching all of those patterned papers. Background paper: DCWV, a Basic Grey from their Eskimo Kisses line, some vintage Ki Memories, and some scrap Pink Paislee (journaling) and K&Co for the "Gardens" title. I've gotten use to and have started to love my little Slice. Especially for the lettering aspect!

So this guy...what can I say? {Sigh} I envisioned it so much better. But alas, this was the result. It's adequate to say the least. I like parts rather than the whole. The concept is cool. I mean I loved that photo. And thought it was a clever title...I dunno. I had scrappers block I suppose. It's mainly Making Memories papers and embellishments, with those awesome Sassafras Lass apples that I so gleefully butchered :(



This layout was inspired by the Stamptoberfest activities to be had over at Twopeasinabucket.com. What is Stamptoberfest you might ask? You soon shall see! Check back for my next blog update. This was one of my entries into the "Thankful/Gratitude" and "Fall" challenges.

Here we go again with my punny tittles! It was a charming break after having created 3 other cards and even more fun using the new "technique" I've unearthed. Using stickers as stencils! It helps one admire all of those gorgeous patterned papers out there. It also didn't hurt that the whole layout is just a nest of lines and that there's no weighty shapes aside from the few I've added. Perhaps now you can grasp the depth of my creative vision! {Haha! I really don't take myself that seriously} This is virtually all Making Memories with American Crafts letter stickers and that one little jewel brad.

Thus, we've come to end of my new scrap"book" of "leaves". Check back for more updates, because Matt's hounding me on the progress of "our" new scrapbook. What a guy! ;)

xxbesos
j.leija

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!